5.17.2009

A Beautiful Day

I was riding my bike yesterday and I was softly singing "Its a Beautiful Day" by U2. IT was a super nice day. I then noticed a woman walking down the street with a walking stick and sunglasses. She looked in my direction with a beautiful smile and said, "Its a Beautiful Day!" I agreed and laughed out loud riding by. Then I saw her again later that afternoon walking home. There are several moments - every day where I am reassured of the oneness of life; when I share a thought and feeling- make a connection, without there being any complications, mysteriously and spontaneously springing from who knows where. Its a spontaneous gift from the heart; a selfless act. Instead of feeling alienated, misunderstood and out of place - I am feeling welcomed and reaffirmed - remembering that we all are one soul - and how that liberates us from hiding from one another. I realize the power in giving and exchanging. I am seeing that as deal with loose ends and take on more responsibility - there is this free flow of energy - it moves through me, strengthening, empowering.

I ran 2 miles today with some kids from school. I got second place in my age range! Wednesday is Parents night and I am going to be hosting and leading two performances (a puppet show & drum circle) and then supervising a lemonade stand I built with the kids - selling lemonade made with stevia. Next weekend I'm going camping somewhere, helping run a youth camp for 2-3 days (Memorial Weekend). Then June will be filled with other exiting events. It will probably flash by so fast! Seems like my calendar keeps getting filled up and so reminds me that time is merely an illusion. My breath is steady as I jog a steady pace. Even in instants of high energy output, excitement or conflict, my breath remains in rhythm. It is the breath that cleanses my blood, the breath that heals and rejuvenates. I give myself to the moment, without struggle, without over-thinking it, and everything falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment