The garden is growing! So I've finally got the school's garden up and running. The sprouts reached the surface of the soil and their leaves are gathering energy to shoot towards the sky. Last week I fake planted beets and each class came by to harvest them for juice! We drank apple, beet, ginger, and carrot juices. They loved it. We created a huge wall sized poster/mural of the garden. Its fantastical! We set our intentions into the soil and art. The garden gives back to us in the future. I don't know if I'll get tired of the constant requests to make fresh juice again. I brought my juicer back yesterday and played some nutritional whole foods matching games. Today I'll meet with the gardening students (every Friday). Erin from Redwood Roots Educational Farm will join us (every other Friday) to enrich us with farming knowledge and some tasty seasonal veggies! I wonder what she will bring today? Once again I must rejoice! Life is so good...
Chicken Little
14 years ago
oh my gosh - you are amazing Russell!! thank you for your gifts of life and love with these children - I am envious - every school system will surely want you!! how about homeschooling 6 kids at $10,000 a year for each?
ReplyDeleteand get them all on JP+.
I am off for a week now - yippee
tom and I leave for OC sunday.
Not sure what casey is up to these days - she is gone alot and smiling.
mary