Maybe you have decided to release your need for a so-called universal truth, reality, meaning and purpose. In doing so you have found that your decisions come naturally and intuitively. Though the pursuit for truth can be entertaining and enriching, you realize that the strife and struggle is actually unnecessary.
It is my choice to believe that life is just as simple or complex as I decide it to be; that it is totally up to me to choose the way I think and act and so live. The following personal truths and affirmations remind me that I do not need meaning in order to choose purpose.
- Experiences have no inherent meaning.
- I cannot truly understand any experience.
- I always choose the meaning that I give to my experiences.
- I give meaning to my experiences because I think and so decide that they contain meaning. I create an illusion.
- My state of mind is not generated for the reasons I think.
- The thoughts I render do not mean anything.
- All thoughts are rooted in the past and are made up to entertain and distract the mind from the present moment.
- I cannot think joyness into my life. True happiness is experienced in the thoughtless stillness of every moment.
- By clearing my mind of giving meaning to the past I will discontinue to create more of the same now. Instead of reacting (from the past), I may choose to act (in the present).
- There is no reality but the one I create.
- In order to discontinue to re-create undesirable experiences, I must dis-identify with the memories of an undesirable past. I am not 'my' past. I am here now.
- As all thoughts are meaningless, so to is my experience of this life. I remain equanimous with this truth.
- Though there is no inherent meaning to my experiences, there always exists a given purpose.
- Whether subtle or profound, purpose is always changing. It is found in the thoughtless experience of NOW. I am aware of, receive and accept this gift as I am aware of, receive and accept my self.
- As I am aware of and acknowledge the experience of presence, I am free to choose the gift of purpose. It is in this space that I make the best decisions.
thanks for finding that for me Russell! I will copy and put in my notebook. pretty heavy . . .
ReplyDeletetom and I have been laughing about all the drama we create when things happen in life. we just look at each other. and say - remember, everything you are thinking right now is meaningless.
and we realize we just made up some story about life again. its worth a good laugh.
I wrote this with the inspiration of your notes on "A Course in Miricles". Thank you Mary!
ReplyDelete